Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Two Months

It's been a little over a month since I moved and things are going pretty well. Moving across the country on a tight budget was easier than expected.  It wasn't all smooth sailing but it worked out better than I expected.  For example, I shipped majority of my things via Greyhound and when they arrived most of my beloved Rachel Ray Bubble and Brown bakeware was broken along with my solid marble rolling pin.  Yeah you read that right. Talk about pissed off!  Anyway, I had to file a claim with Greyhound Express Shipping which they denied.  Being an Aries and an avid baker, I disputed the decision and they agreed to cut me a check.  I don't know why they make you go through all of that but I'm not the one. 

Some think the Pacific Northwest is known only for its grey sky, rain and high suicide rate.  I see vibrant greens, mountain views and NO HUMIDITY!  Since arriving the weather has been amazing.  Most days are at least partly sunny and rain is more sporadic than consistent. I haven't gotten to explore as much as I would like yet but I'm putting my list of places to visit together.  Pictures will be posted. 

The main thing folks want to know is do I have any regrets about moving.  I can honestly say no.  While I wish I moved sooner I know that life happens the way it's suppose to. It's taken me a long time for that to sink in.  I'm less stressed and optimistic about the future.  Who knew the "dreary" Northwest would be my happy place/zen spot?  


1 comment: