Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

14 Days and Counting

2014 was hard! I found myself at 38 years old with no children and in a relationship that was…well it wasn’t. I got depressed, gained weight and just lost myself. The sad thing is I didn’t even know it was happening until one day after he finally moved out I started to feel again. Slowly I started to crawl out of my dark tunnel and assess the damage that was done to my life while I was hiding. It wasn’t pretty so I did what any respectable woman would do…I cried my eyes out. I had a shit storm of things I let slip and getting back on track would not be easy. I felt like I was starting over and at my age I should be settled into my life with a husband and kids. Right? WRONG!! Who said that’s the way it’s supposed to be. My journey is mine and if I live by what everyone else expects I’ll end up feeling like I’ll never measure up. Who wants to live like that? Not me! So, here I am at 39 years old (almost) starting fresh and taking the tattered pieces of my life along with my eight year old dog, Peanut, to the Pacific Northwest. Granted its 2,400 miles away from my family and friends but it’s where I feel the next phase of my life is destined to begin. So follow me as I enter that next phase and navigate my way through a new city and coast. Something tells me life is about to get very interesting

1 comment:

  1. Great start, I can't wait to read more as you embark on the next great adventure.

    ReplyDelete