Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Everything Happens in Threes



They say everything happens in threes.  Regardless of its good or bad.  Well, today I’m the poster child.  My string of unfortunate events was kicked off this past Sunday when I got home from dinner with my family.  I’m not a cellphone addict.  Like everyone else I misplace it for a very short period of time but I never lose it and I’m pretty good at keeping it in proper working condition.  Can’t make that claim anymore.  It wasn’t until I went to make a call that I realized I couldn’t find my phone.  I searched outside and in the car but nothing.  While I was outside, I spotted a spot closer to my house and decided to move my car.  Lazy?  Maybe but judge me later.  Right now let’s focus on the missing phone. 

 

Anyway, I went back into the house to check again and still no sign of the phone.  My next option was to use the Find My Phone app on my iPad.  I quickly realized that was a bust as it displayed my phone was offline.  Son of a Witch!  My last ditch effort was to break out the flash light and retrace my footsteps outside again.  There it is!  Face down in the road.  I could see there was dirt on the grooves on the back of my textured case.  Not a good sign.  When I picked it up and turned it over I noticed the screen was cracked.  Yep, either myself or someone else drove over my phone but my beloved iPhone still worked.  GO APPLE!!  One down two to go.

 

The second bad thing came in the mail this morning in the form of an unexpected bill.  I’ll spare you the details as I’m still trying to wrap my head around that one.  Oy Vey!!!  That brings us to magic number three.  As I stepped off the elevator with my lunch bag, jacket and keys in hand my keys slipped from my fingers and right down the sliver of space between the floor and the elevator.  I stood there and looked down the dark space and listened as my keys fell four flights down the elevator shaft.  In my head, I was doing the dramatic fall to my knees and scream ‘NO’ at the top of my lungs but the sophisticated lady that I am simply turned around and mumbled a few choice curse words multiple times as I frantically searched for our office facilities associate, Jermaine.   

 

Now, as I sit here waiting for building maintenance to sashay over and retrieve my keys, I focus on what is ahead of me because if everything really does happen in 3s my luck should be on the upswing from here on out.  Right?

2 comments:

  1. Kristen this is so moving! <3 I hope the next chapter of your journey provides the adventure your heart is searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Annie! Have a strong feeling I'm heading for something very good.

    ReplyDelete